Romantic Paper Flower Cones
Hello my sweet friends. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. The holiday decorations are finally stored away and the house seems to have a fresh and clean feel. There are a few projects in mind for this year such as updating our dining and breakfast rooms but all in due time. I am not going to put too much pressure on myself. I have made a conscious decision to slow down and work on one project at a time.
I am also looking forward to sharing a few new additions to my blog and to inspire you with more creative ideas and DIY projects. Of course, there will always be my tablescapes, vignettes and garden photos which I love to share. But today, I am sharing a simple craft project made of out scrapbook paper.
I am always looking for new ways to make party favors or welcoming gifts for my family and guests to take. In this instance, I thought of making paper cones or as I like to call them, sweet flower containers made with inexpensive scrapbook paper and sewing trims. I love to welcome my guest with this romantic vase filled with pretty flowers. I normally leave it hanging on the bedroom door in which my guest will spend the night or simply place it on their welcoming tray. Although I make these pretty cones/vases to show my appreciation for those that visit my home, I believe they can also be perfect for an assortment of gatherings, including bridal showers, tea parties, weddings and even a ladies luncheon.
Here are a few photos of the finished project as well as how I like to display them through out the house.
Below is a tutorial of my paper flower containers. I have fallen in love with these darling beauties. What a sweet and lovely gift they make. In the coming weeks, I will share a few more of these. I hope you don't get bored with the tutorials.....
- Scrapbook paper ( I used the 12 X 12 sheets)
- Glue Stick
- Sewing Trim/Lace ( I buy the ones that come in a spool)
- Decorative Flowers (I bought the small Wedding Pick from Celebrate It sold at Michael's)
- Glue gun and glue sticks ( For Flowers and trim)
- Turn the paper with the white side up and turn so it is in a diamond shape and fold paper in half. Making a triangle.
- Now cut the sheet in half
- Take one of the cut triangles and fold in half. Don't fold too hard. This is just so you know where your center will be before folding.
- Using your glue stick, run a straight line of glue along the side of your center or middle of the paper.
- Now take the end of the corner facing you and bring it to the center tip/top of your paper forming the cone. Be sure that the two corners are perfectly placed on top of each other.
- Now take the glue stick and place glue all over the side of the paper that is facing away from you making sure to place extra glue on each of the ends. Now roll/wrap the paper around the cone. Be sure to smooth any lumps out.
- This is what it should look like by now.
- Now we are ready for the embellishments. Using sewing trim of your choice, cut a piece large enough to cover the top of the tube. )Since mine was a bit too thick, I had to folded in half and glued it together with Tacky Spray.)
- Fold your ribbon in half to mark your center and place a bit of hot glue around the top of the tube and glue the ribbon. (See photo below)
- Add your pretty flower and some ribbon and Viola.... Below is the finished product. Now go to town adding candies, flowers or whatever you desire.
I hope you found the tutorial easy to follow. Creating is such a joy. It amazes me how an idea that I put together in my crazy creative mind comes to life. We are so all so blessed in our own unique ways. It is wonderful that we can inspire each other.
It is so easy to bring joy and beauty into our lives. And it is even more magical and rewarding when we share our talents and creations with others. A simple token of appreciation and friendship can make such difference in someone's life. Let's begin spreading kindness and beauty one creation at a time.
Thanking you all for your amazing friendship, inspiration and support. May you have a lovely week.